The National Centre for Research and Development of Fisheries and Aquaculture (CNRDPA) is a Public Establishment of a Scientific and Technological nature (EPST) placed under the supervision of the Ministry of Fisheries and Fishery Productions. The CNRDPA was created following the restructuring of the CNDPA in 2008 (executive decree n° 08-128 of 30 April 2008 fixing the standard status of the EPST). In accordance with its statutory missions, the CNRDPA strives to develop scientific knowledge and decision-making tools through effective, practical scientific research adapted to the constraints of exploitation, on the one hand, and to natural conditions on the other hand, thus allowing the development of a strategic sector such as that of fisheries and aquaculture, oriented towards the sustainability and protection of the production environments.
- Evaluation of fisheries resources and monitoring of their exploitation.
- Undertake pilot actions related to the development of aquaculture.
- Identify areas suitable for aquaculture.
- Study and operation of aquatic ecosystems.
- Enhancing the value of aquatic resources.
- Carry out economic and social studies related to fishing and aquaculture.
- To initiate and carry out extension programmes, in conjunction with the structures and institutions concerned, with a view to contributing to the development of the sector.
- institutions concerned, with a view to contributing to the development of the fisheries sector.
- To define the most suitable fishing techniques and to experiment with fishing gear.