The research vessel BELKACEM GRINE is an essential technological platform for marine sciences in all disciplines. With a length of 40 m and an autonomy of 30 days, which allows it to criss-cross the entire Algerian coastline from east to west, it can accommodate 25 people on board, including 11 scientists. Equipped with modern navigation and fishing equipment such as the scientific echo sounder SIMRAD EK 60 as well as a complete fishing equipment; Equipped also with a multibeam echosounder EM 710 for the mapping of the seabed up to 600 m deep. The BELKACEM GRINE vessel is equipped with scientific measurement instruments such as a Thermosalinometer, two CTD (ConductivityTemperatureDepth) probes for the measurement of salinity and temperature of seawater in horizontal and vertical profile up to 600 and 6000 m depth and a Fluorimeter for the measurement of surface Chlorophyll a, a sensor of dissolved oxygen, PH and chlorophyll a in vertical profile.
MISSIONS OF THE VESSEL
- Evaluation of the fishery resources exploited by acoustic and trawling
- Study of the spatial-temporal distribution of species
- Ecology of populations
- Characterization and mapping of the seabed
- Hydrology and physicochemical parameters of the marine environment
CAMPAIGNS CARRIED OUT
- 02 test campaigns (2011)
- 08 assessment campaigns of small pelagic resources by acoustic method, along the Algerian coast (2012-2021)
- 09 assessment campaigns of demersal resources along the Algerian coast (2012-2021).
- Ichthyoplankton campaign in the central region in 2018
- Hydrobio-Spring-2019 campaign along the Algerian coastline.
- SPHYTAL campaign 2017
- Classification study of the marine protected area of Cap Lindles.
- Acoustic and bathymetric prospecting campaigns of the deep sea (up to 3000 m depth) in the region between Skikda and Algiers.
- Several test trips on equipment and within the framework of international cooperation (KOICA, DIVECO2).