Research strategy and prgs
R&D IN THE FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE SECTOR 2021 - 2025
The development efforts of the fisheries sector are of a strategic nature, due to its capacity to contribute to the emergence of a national productive economy and to the creation and preservation of employment, but also due to its ability to participate in the improvement of the country's food security.
Knowledge building is a central issue in the exploitation and preservation of aquatic resources. The CNRDPA's research strategy is in line with the sector's development policy. It is called upon to contribute to the implementation of the sectoral strategy 2020 - 2024 through the improvement of scientific support and varied technical expertise with a view to working towards the sustainability of resources and the development of the fisheries and aquaculture economy.
This strategy is the extension of the CNRDPA's Strategic Plan 2015 - 2020. It defines the orientations and lines of action so that it is able to respond to the challenges and expectations of the Ministry of Fisheries and Fisheries Productions and to fulfil its mission of supporting public policies in the field of fisheries and aquaculture.
The elaboration and validation of the strategy is the result of a participatory approach, with the involvement of various institutional actors, taking into account the essence of the sectoral and governmental policy, and is the result of a prospective reflection on the horizon 2030, on which it is based and prepares the elaboration of an operational programme for the next 5 years.
For the next 5 years, a set of 6 research and observation programmes focused on the analysis of exploited aquatic ecosystems - marine and continental - and presents the conditions for their implementation.
- Dynamics of fisheries ecosystems
- Marine and inland aquaculture
- Aquatic living resources and the environment
- Dynamics of operating systems
- Analysis of management tools
FISHERIES ECOSYSTEMS PROGRAMME
The Dynamics of Farming Systems programme is integrated into the Dynamics of Fishery-Exploited Ecosystems programme
The Analysis of Management Tools programme is integrated into the different programmes of the research strategy
The themes to which particular attention should be paid until at least 2025 as an extension of the 2015-2020 R&D strategy:
- Assessment of fisheries potential ;
At-sea campaigns ;
Monitoring of landings (biological sampling network);
Ecosystem-based approaches (Eco-systemic approach to fisheries).
Study of the environment-resource interaction;
Testing and development of new specific fishing techniques;
Other priority themes include
Development of the coastal strip integrating fisheries;
Establishment of fisheries information systems;
Development and management of small-scale fisheries;
Development of management tools: MPAs, RAs;
MARINE AND INLAND AQUACULTURE RESEARCH PROGRAMME
In line with the 2015-2020 strategy, are respectively:
- Assessment of aquaculture potential ;
- Development of integrated systems in aquaculture;
- Aquaculture-environment interactions and effluent treatment,
- Development of health and quality standards;
- Improvement of farming performance: genetics - pathology - feeding;
- Diversification of aquaculture species (mainly requested by Mediterranean countries) (subject to the globalisation of trade with the need to vary and diversify products);
Other themes to be developed:
- Monitoring and management of Areas Allocated to Aquaculture: environmental management plan (recommendation of the GFCM);
- transfer of know-how in zootechnics and improvement of production systems (aquaculture development process is already largely underway);
TRANSCERSAL RESEARCH THEMES
AQUATIC LIVING RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT RESEARCH PROGRAMME
- Health of aquatic ecosystems
- Biomonitoring and bioindication of degraded aquatic ecosystems
- Biodiversity of aquatic ecosystems
- Oceanography and marine governance
- Blue economy and climate change
Impact of climate change on the resource.
- Behavioural changes ;
- Reproduction, growth, migration, ...
- Modification at trophic level ;
- Acidification ;
- Hydrodynamics ;
FOR THE BIOTECHNOLOGY AND FISH PROCESSING INDUSTRY AND AQUACULTURE
BIOTECHNOLOGY RESEARCH PROGRAMME
- Processing of fishery products
- Biotechnological valorisation of aquatic organisms
- Nutrition of aquaculture species, feed formulation, and ingredient substitution